work ready skills alot harder than I thought

 In deciding that I wanted to go back to some level of paid work, I am working on some basic skills. As I have been out of the workforce for some time, I have done some casual work but it’s not enough to have on my resume and it does show me what I hadn’t realized about working when you have a disability and a chronic illness and I now know why there is so many of us in the online world as content creators.

It’s that we can work at our own pace. One thing I hadn’t considered is, emotional intelligence at work as I am completely retaining as I can’t stand for long periods so I need an industry where I am not standing all the time.

Sleeping through the night is still a challenge for me as  I have seizure-related events called Parasomnias and I get up to eat or drink throughout the night, leading to poor quality sleep, so it's again before I even put a resume together I am looking at the skills I need to be work ready.

So that to me is an ongoing list of emotional intelligence, being as healthy as I can be, being responsible for transport, as due to a medical condition I can’t drive so this then limits me again.

This is why I want to make the content creation work for me as well, it means that I can work when it suits me and I feel that staying away from “ disability” politics and talking about the day-to-day stuff of living with a disability is my focus not politics or even workplace politics as in my housing organization they had to remind support staff about confidentiality and that “ venting” to a higher functioning client, or wording up a client when there is no confirmed change to prevent meltdowns is still gossip and to talk about other client front of other clients that don’t attend the day services they offer is bad form.

This is making me want to do an emotional intelligence course, some basic refresher courses on Windows and to complete a larger sort of qualification that gets me into the corporate world.

So I am working on actionable steps and how to get work ready and that will be the next post about what I am doing to help myself I am ok with discussing my disabilities on the internet as it breaks down the taboo around NDIS, Support and the stigma around hidden disabilities, Such as ADHD, TBI, and Autism and the accommodations we may need and people are willing to give people with disabilities a go, but I would love to see my content monetized.

 

 

   

Comments

My most popular posts.

Isabelle Lightwood and Trauma part three - Shadowhunter's

Why I can't learn to love my disablity

What a support worker can do for you and what the can't part one my story with support