Reasons I didn't sleep last night, part one.

 

 I am starting a new series, and I think it’s going to be highly relatable, for a long time I have suffered from poor-quality sleep, and as you can see from the title it’s going to be a bit obvious to what I am saying.  I have several disabilities and medical conditions, but then there are the things that I can control, as I am in a Sil house ( supported independent living), and due to me essentially being in a granny flat the first thing I can’t control is who is on a sleepover and if they come down or not as I do have some bad habits that I need to get out of, one has my phone in my room but I didn’t realize I have sensitive hearing and I can hear support staff doing final checks both upstairs and next door. I am trying to not reveal any sensitive information but it factors into why I am not sleeping well and having discussed this series with the head support worker we feel that it's ok to talk about the behaviour's of staff so people can see its impact and we can work as a team and I know that it will change for the better as I know they are doing the best for me and that I am in a massive position of privilege to have the level of support I do have. 

The next one is due to some of my medical conditions, and I am waiting to see a new sleep physician I have sleep aponia and I fight with using my machine,

The second one is eleplisy and I think and I am not a pharmacist or doctor but some of my medications cause what they call, non-seizure eleplisy-related events, called Parasomnias mine is night eating, but having talked to the Neurologist we are trailing me coming off one of my medications, that we think may cause it.

I also have what is called Neuropathy and it is hard to describe but the best way I have found is it’s like ants (the spray-resistant ones) have crawled inside my body)

I also have leg cramps, and general pain depending on what I am doing, and add in general anxiety, and I have a recipe for disasters, as well as some support staff as well mentioned they come down constantly, to see when I am going to bed so I to be compliant go to be and until I need to be in bed I am on my phone. So, I see that some things are going to be harder to tackle than others, as I feel in my housing team that it’s better to keep my head down and not cause trouble, but I will see if I can make a change worker. this and talk to the head support worker

Then combine this with my coffee addiction because I am not sleeping well, as I am writing this see where I am the problem and what I can change,

But worker...to the nutritionist I need to change my habits around food, and I am not trying to change everything at once as that is going to set me up for failure, but I am hoping to seek answers to why I am not sleeping and how I can change it, and see how my behavior around sleep and even during the day can help me.

The things that I know can help are tackling the things that are on my mind, and they are simple things like checking on appointment times, and getting into the sun during the day.  As well as tackling things that I may need support from family, or support staff in the house to do such as washing and cleaning my fridge, but for sensitive information as I see that the organization is going through some change and newer support staff may not understand the importance of confidentiality, and not sharing information with me and I feel at risk at times knowing some information that I really shouldn’t so this is going to be something that is going to be very tricky to address as I do have sensitive hearing and is partly the reason I use my phone I have white noise on, but let’s go on the journey together to fix my sleep, and my bedroom and bedding is great it’s a lot of other factors that seem to be the issue, some that I can fix some that I am going to have to accept.

 

Comments

My most popular posts.

Isabelle Lightwood and Trauma part three - Shadowhunter's

Why I can't learn to love my disablity

What a support worker can do for you and what the can't part one my story with support