My Coastal Escape Plan: A Smart Investment for Mind, Body, and Wallet

Hey everyone, I may or may not have mentioned this before, but I recently went away for a weekend, and it sparked a new goal in me. I'm now seriously thinking about getting a unit down the coast—maybe in an older building since I live in a regional area. But there's a lot I still need to figure out.


First, do I have enough to buy a place? And if so, where exactly do I want to buy? Would I rent it out or keep it as a weekend getaway? I'm leaning toward a unit in a beachfront complex, though it would likely be an older build. There are a few things that are must-haves for me, like a dedicated parking space, a clean pool (and a spa would be nice), a full kitchen, and a bathroom with a proper bath.


One quirky preference I have is not having to walk through the lobby with groceries all the time, so a separate entrance for residents would be ideal. However, I do like the idea of having a front desk and housekeeping services available. But how much would that cost? How would I furnish the place? And what kind of insurance would I need if I decide to rent it out, even if it's just to family and friends?

Now, speaking of family and friends, I know there can be some expectations when it comes to using the place. I’m not trying to be rude, but the reality is that these situations can get tricky. Would they expect to stay for free, and how do I set boundaries around that? I think it’s important to be clear that, while I’d love to share the space, I also have to consider things like upkeep and costs. Maybe something like offering petrol money in exchange for accommodation could be a fair trade-off, especially since I don’t drive. I’d need help getting down there, so it could be a good exchange for both sides.

There’s also the option of asking a support worker to take me down and pick me up. But would that cause any conflict with my NDIS funding, especially with the added travel costs? I really want to make sure I’m not putting my funding at risk by crossing any boundaries there.

Overall, it’s a lot to consider, but I think it could be a great investment—both for my mental health and my financial future. Having a place like that to escape to, even just for weekends, would be so rejuvenating. Plus, it could be a smart way to build some long-term stability.

Comments

My most popular posts.

Isabelle Lightwood and Trauma part three - Shadowhunter's

Why I can't learn to love my disablity

What a support worker can do for you and what the can't part one my story with support