What I find weird about Tumbler fan girls

  

 So I don’t know what it is but I have discovered that there is something inherently wrong to with Tumber it is a website dedicated to Fan art and fan fiction. However there is a lot of what we see and I am in the camp of it’s creepy and wrong,  an art form called real people shipping for those who aren’t aware of what shipping is it’s what they call shipping non-cannon, characters together.

I am okay with shipping fictional characters but I am not okay with shipping real-life people as you watch it and see it brought up at fan conventions and on talk shows and they talk about how uncomfortable it does make them and to me, this is a little weird and creepy and potentially unhinged because some fans and it seems to confuse reality and fiction and even when their real-life spouses are doing creepy stuff, like recording content without their consent and something that I have learned the hard way is to ask for consent when talking about family and to watch your tone, but I see that people don’t want to accept the reality that some people that are in the public eye don’t owe us anything other than the  TV and play’s they aren’t required to do the comic cons and conventions unless they are promoting a new TV or film series.

I see that some amazing artists have amazing skills but they respect the boundaries and only do fictional characters, but the projection seems to me to be wild and it seems to me to be very unhinged, it’s at times quite observant but we need to remember that unless we ask, we don’t know the full story and it’s creepy to demand insight into there personal lives and homes. It could also be a security risk that people don’t realize as I know some actors do try to keep their personal lives out of the spotlight and to have a normalized type of life outside as that is what keeps them grounded and attached to reality having to clean, having to organize to pay the bills and to do groceries as well.

We also see in the case of some very big-name actors they actively choose not to have social media and I know that this is a growing trend or to have it set to extreme privacy settings and this is amazing that this can happen. But there is a danger in that they don’t know what is happening and they can’t control it until it gets out of control, but in some cases, it’s a case of ignorance is bliss, and they are happy because of this.

Last night because I couldn’t sleep due to chronic pain, I was watching David Tennant’s video diaries from his time on Dr. Who, and a couple of things that I saw are how young he was, how he didn’t realize that he would be the one to have the new Dr. Who brought to a new generation, and he was unmarried at the time and the innuendo he is more overt now but it was always there at the time.

We also see that he was always able to keep spoilers and new or cast members that were left to themselves.  I am on the sight and I see that there like any internet sight is a good side that people can connect over games and TV shows but they can also read very wrong and sometimes disturbing signals about an actor like going from a person flirting with a co-star or perceiving they are flirting with a co-star of the same sex, so they are in a poly relationship due to a person wife commenting on social media, so they are wearing pride boots, so they must be Bisexual. I find this creepy and they could have a child in the community and show support or may not even realize they are pride boots as the actor in question in some areas of life is quite naïve and that is the way they like it.

So we need to be aware of something called fan service and it’s when they play into what the fans want to see so they won’t go snooping around in their personal lives, but who cares if they are Bisexual as this is their business and to comment on it when they aren’t ready to talk is a really big red flag that a person is obsessed with that person and that can become dangerous because people need to be able to have some level of privacy.

I know that some actors are calling for drama schools to have classes on it as well as business classes as if you work in the arts or as a content creator like I do, and don’t have the luxury of an independent income such as a govement disability allowance or residuals or a partner that is willing to support you  between gigs, you might need another retail or more stable job, so we are very aware and as the strikes drag on we are seeing that some people are re discovering something that we all have been missing for a couple of years due to covid, and that is connecting with people in real life and discovering hobbies that are offline and then realizing they don’t need the streaming services and this is what the actors don’t want but there is things like plays and gallery’s that people are going to instead of sitting at home watching TV or if they have a disability they are starting to stream the plays so people can have a similar expernce to watching the play and some people are having whole personality changes due to doing one very simple thing that I wish I could do and that is having enough quality sleep.

When I start posting to my main blog I will start talking about sleep again and how to get a decent night's sleep when you're in chronic pain.

 


Comments

My most popular posts.

Isabelle Lightwood and Trauma part three - Shadowhunter's

Why I can't learn to love my disablity

What a support worker can do for you and what the can't part one my story with support