Goals and direction for the new year

 

 So, we are on the run down for this year and I still have not monetized the Blog or YouTube, but I am working on it, and these are some of my goals/ things that I am not going to do in the new year.

Fiscal

·       Not being unnecessary things so what I am not going to buy is.

o    New clothing (except new under where so singlets, undies, and bras)

o   Not going to by excess food, (so starting to meal prep and plan)

o   Not going to by excess stationary

o   Not going to by expensive cleaning products (I am going to go to the local discount store)

o   I have an embarrassing number of toiletries and hygiene products, so I am going to use them up (I do not have combination skin and I am ok with finishing products as well)

 I am going to try to stick to a budget and put my savings towards some day trips and possibly a holiday that I need but I know some of the medical appointments this year will be expensive as well.

·       Gifts

o   I am going to start buying birthday and Christmas gifts/ make them early. (lets see how

o   Going to start trying to notice what others use and working on practical gifts.

·       Relationships and personal life

o   Going to work on this and that is all I am going to say.

o   Going to finish my online study on maths, computing and basic English.

·       Health

o   Going to work with my health team and support workers much more as well.

o   So, this means less time on the internet and working on “balance in my life”.

·       Mental health

o   Going to go into a disability community centre much more as well.

 

·       Internet content

o   Getting serious about the content and working to get guests on the Podcast and working towards monetization and security on the Blog and getting ad sense compliant with the blog as they have money held for me but I am not policy compliant so if some post’s get deleted that is why because some of the YouTube clips aren’t compliant and they are saying I don’t have enough content.

o   I also have the goal of having more patron’s and subscribers to the content I create and what to create a community online that have disabilities or work in  the sector to counter what we are seeing online that when you follow the money you realise it’s sneaky marketing or faking for views or promoting self-diagnosis as I will die on the hill that it’s dangerous to do it great for getting an  idea but get diagnosed as I see people who are self-diagnosed promoting very harmful stereotypes and with the correct support that we have spent years fighting for it takes it back several decades of education as people are saying well I thought that they said that wasn’t true.

o    and I am going to be more open about my journey to acceptance of my disability, challenges, and unmasking. But keeping people in my personal life out of it.

Comments

My most popular posts.

Isabelle Lightwood and Trauma part three - Shadowhunter's

Why I can't learn to love my disablity

What a support worker can do for you and what the can't part one my story with support