Disability Royal commission I will let the others speak

 <script async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js?client=ca-pub-4981013962895893"

     crossorigin="anonymous"></script>

 Hey all, I am taking a break from blogging and YouTube at the request of some people close to me. However, I need to say that I will be doing a one-off blog post on the Disability Royal Commission.

I feel that we need space to process the outcomes and what is in the report and I feel like other disability advocates are much better qualified to talk about it than me, I am feeling the need to amplify voices that have been in the lead in the Disability Royal Commission, we see that people are still processing it and the larger term changes that it is going to bring. These changes are something that we need to be very much are needed but they need to be balanced with the needs of the larger community and changing attitudes towards people with disabilities, and how we are treated by professionals and the wider community. 

We are seeing that there will be major changes and that people are not aware of it until it is way too late and we are hopefully being able to see much more value placed on the dignity of people with a disability and the way we can live our lives.

I am also stunned that the disability Allies aren’t speaking up on this issue so why is it something that people need to talk about I am wondering if it is timing, or is it that they are stepping back and letting people with lives experience take the lead in expressing their views.

I am just letting people know that some great other advocates have much more experience in this and that  I am not going to go completely away but I don’t feel qualified to talk about it.

 

I will be taking a break due to hurting some people in my life however I won’t be doing as many posts.

 

It’s not good but just for now,  it’s see you later

Comments

My most popular posts.

Isabelle Lightwood and Trauma part three - Shadowhunter's

Why I can't learn to love my disablity

What a support worker can do for you and what the can't part one my story with support