My journey back to health part 4

 

This post is on the back of a few Netflix specials that I have watched and I am starting to transition to less chemicals and preservatives in my life so this requires a little more organization than I was expecting but organization as I am learning isn’t a one off it is a process and I am also learning that for me being blessed to have access to support workers ( care givers to the USA readers) I am then able to ask them for help.

 

But one of the things that I am realizing is that natural doesn’t equal safe all the time I am watching, unwell about the wellness industry and we need to be able to think critically about this industry as if you put industry after a word you need to ask what are they selling and for me, I am an amazon associate and I am honest about it as well but I do state that I am not a medical professional and to check  if it’s ok for you.

But I am starting to go over to natural washing up and cleaning tools as I am going though my existing stash of cleaning chemicals as in the house I am in we are required to use some level of chemicals to be clean as it needs to be held to a high hygienic standards so this means that chemicals need to be used but there is ways of using them safely and protecting your health.

So, this is common sense but as I have had a camp on the weekend, I discovered that common sense in some cases needs to be taught, yes, we had such gems as

 “Why is the river doing that?”

“Because the water is being watery”.

. OK well we will take it, and these are teens, but I digress and possibly unintentionally am breaching their privacy.

But we need to be aware that they are an option, and you can get some things delivered that do make cleaning easer,

So this is a couple of my picks and these again need to be used with common sense so that being if they look warn or have food scraps that won’t come out of them to replace them and as they are wood or made from other renewable and bio degradable materials this doesn’t need to be a concern about toxic chemicals in sponges, bottle brushes and other forms of plastic and I need to be very clear that this is a very personal decision as some people can’t afford to go green nor is it practical to do so as well, so I do make this post with that in mind as well,

https://amzn.to/3L3uH4U

 But I also think that we can learn from our grand mothers and how they lived of having better quality “stuff and not so much of it” so old clothes that can no longer be worn can be turned into cleaning cloths, the same with towels and linen based products as well, so things can be cleaned, and you can wash the rags as well.

The one thing that I can’t turn my stomach to due to stomach issues is “family cloth” I know that some household’s out of necessity did turn to this during the height of the pandemic, but I don’t think from a hygiene perspective unless you have a full time stay at home parent of support team that this is a good idea.

But for those of you who are interested in finding out this is what it is and to be brutal it’s a replacement for toilet paper and there is a reason we went to paper in the first place and its hygiene.   https://amzn.to/3qQli9X

https://amzn.to/45yki9B

 

Also buying this new to me defeats the purpose of going low or having zero waste, why wouldn’t you clean up some old towels and cut them up into wash cloths like our grandparents and I know my parents did and at time’s still do as it’s just how you save money.

The other thing that I love and want to get is one of these as I have seen them used and on floors that have been properly vacuumed I am talking about lines in the carpeted area and vacuuming the tiles and lino floors as well, so you would think they are clean but the amount of dirt a clean mop picks up is amazing and because it spins the floor dry’s really quickly as well.

https://amzn.to/3qQli9X

I also love these for hand washing and general cleaning as I am not a big fan of feather dusters as they don’t collect the dust, they just push around into the air, so these are great for hand washing up, general spills and windows as well as in a pinch face cloths but I do more so like actual washers or myofiber washers that are designed for washing ones body.

https://amzn.to/3sJwEwM

 

So, I know that this has been a really rambling post but it to me makes sense and I hope people like following my journey back to health and wellbeing while being real about it.

Comments

My most popular posts.

Isabelle Lightwood and Trauma part three - Shadowhunter's

Why I can't learn to love my disablity

What a support worker can do for you and what the can't part one my story with support