My jouney back to health day 3

 

https://spotifyanchor-web.app.link/e/6dAmalcTDCb

 

Hi all so this is day two of getting my health back and that includes connecting with others that is a massive thing for me as I have massive trust issues so I am learning how to trust others and to ask for help but I am also walking a very fine line of is it simply asking for support or is it, entitled behaviors.

As in getting my health back the one thing I forgot was my mental health, and that is really important to me as a person with a disability what we could consider self-care others could consider entitled, but it’s a delicate dance of is it entitled or is it a person's reactions to boundaries and this is a really interesting thing to consider, as sometimes when you get the support you need, I have seen a couple of “ interesting” reactions. These are all from my nuclear family from my wider family it’s seen as taking pressure on my family and this is kind of weird because my family feels “put out” by the fact that they are placed out of the supporting role, and I do admit that I do get lonely at times but we need to remember that everyone who is my age and single is at risk of feeling lonely because we could be in a room full of people but not connect with any one of them and this is the challenge of support in a group environment.

However I have recruited 4  very important people in my journey back to health one is  My GP, My councilor, and my support coordinator who is going to help me look for other professionals that I can work with so these being an exercise physiologist, and I am going to talk to my support team about making the changes needed to make my life work, for me.

This is really working on my goals being YouTube, Blog, and studying, when I finish the study look for some work to get me back into the working world as I need something to

·       Get me out of the house

·       Get me out of my head

·       Get me out of my bubble

It also reminds me of what we can do to help others and I wouldn’t be looking at a high-powered job but something simple in an office doing simple things I am going to reach out to a couple of companies that I would be really interested in working with and ask if they would have me as a trial for a couple of weeks and I might not work out but let's see how it all goes.

I have also started changing my shopping habits and am working on decluttering so let's see how that goes, I am also starting to think before I post a lot more, so it’s a great thing to be aware of how I impact others in my words thoughts, and how I  talk to them and about them as well, so that being something that we need to be very aware of because I haven’t been very aware of this and have unknowingly hurt some people,

However in regards to my physical health, I am getting up at a consistent time and going to bed later as well as incorporating two very simple things into my life, is exercise so this is something that all of us can do and at our own level so this could be, housework it could b, walking it could be swimming and for a person with mobility issues it could be chair exercise’s or physio or occupational therapy so it could be working with a support worker to get out and get active so it could be a goal to do a fun run or a walk raising money for a good cause and I am finding that I am getting fatigued and due to this I am sleeping better as well, so that is really important to health and I am now going to work on my sleep hygiene as I am not great at them as well, so this is a massive thing for me as I have some really bad habits around food.

I am also focusing on completing things that I have over my head so blog posts and YouTube recordings as well.

So let's see how I go with it, and let's start the conversation around what is health to you?

 

 

Comments

My most popular posts.

Isabelle Lightwood and Trauma part three - Shadowhunter's

Why I can't learn to love my disablity

What a support worker can do for you and what the can't part one my story with support