My life update

 

As I write this, I am going through let’s say an interesting time, and it has led me to question myself, about am I on the right life path and is it ok, to question the authority figures in my life, these being the people who have the power to destroy it. I am not talking about my parents or family at all they in fact are bloody amazing people, but the support workers in my disability services accommodation.

There is one lady who I do clash with and the other support workers due to the fact that they have bills to pay can’t say anything at all to her as she is related to management. I had a run in with her and it has led me to question how much power a housing provider should have. I understand that they really need to have some but how much is too much power. Like I can have family over to visit but I can’t have other support organizations in the house due to insurance issues.

But I have talked to the NDIS commission, and this is what the very definition of an unapproved restrictive practice is, I do respect that it’s an insurance issue and that this organization doesn’t really know how to support me, but it led me to the question of how many other people are in the same boat and unable to speak up and suffering mental health issues because of it.

It seems to me that the NDIS has had a very unintended side effect of actually isolating people from the very people who are needed to protect them and support them.  It seems to be that they want to be able to have it all their own way. I have seen that people don’t say anything about it as they are scared. So, what do we do about it. I am unintentionally isolated from my family at times due to this one support worker and I wonder how often this happens.

I am taking a massive risk by righting about it, but I feel that as we go into disability pride month, we need to be aware that this is happening and that it is why people with disabilities do often develop mental health issues, that are long term and go away when the stressors are removed.  Please let me be clear and say that this isn’t the norm but the exception as I have had some great support workers and they are great as well.

 

But I have had abuse from some as well and it has gone unreported as if I do, I am at risk of unstable housing and having to put my family back fiscally more than needed.   I am also seeming to be labelled difficult and challenging due to the fact I am the one questioning things like this and unable to accept the status quo as the NDIS was supposed to give people a choses and control and it hasn’t happened this way at all. 

I am seeking help from the universe to seek a long-term resolution that doesn’t make me feel like a lessor person for speaking up about this, but I am trying to be a better person than I have been and to be honest with people.

But I am trying to not be negative at the same time, but I am trying to be realistic as well, and being realistic is what is keeping me balanced as well.

Comments

My most popular posts.

Isabelle Lightwood and Trauma part three - Shadowhunter's

Why I can't learn to love my disablity

What a support worker can do for you and what the can't part one my story with support