House mates and behaviour's

 So this video might not resonate with a lot of people but I strongly believe that it needed to be made due to several factor one being that we don't really talk about the "specifics" of challenging behaviors, we hear so much about them we forget that they do affect others and that they are now started to be accepted when they really shouldn't be accepted as normal. 

We are also seeing an acceptance of disability to the point that it's being called the gentrification of disability and this isn't great as we see that this fundamentally dismisses the struggle of being disabled and doing the internal work to be able to see that disabled is just an adjective and we see that this is something that needs to be addressed.  I am seeing that I am unintentionally getting more and more isolated despite being around people and this is due to me having a very different outlook on life and it is such a thing in my life that was drilled into me that you admit when you are wrong and you listen to people who are in positions of power over you and it is still taking me a while to accept that I can challenge the people in my life and that it's OK to call out bad behaviour's as I am seeing that people arn't able to do this. 

This is where we see things that did help in the past but are now considered outdated such as restrictive practices and we see that when they are used in context with other positive behaviours we see that people need to be able to use them to modify behaviour's of concern to positive behavior's such as using positive reinforcements and this could be as simple as an outing to a local park or as complex as a party. 

It is only since receiving my NDIS package that I see that this has become a massive issue and we see that they are considered out dated but I do see a massive need for them and a need for higher training. 





Comments

My most popular posts.

Isabelle Lightwood and Trauma part three - Shadowhunter's

Why I can't learn to love my disablity

What a support worker can do for you and what the can't part one my story with support