Low cost ideas for community access

I have noticed since the NDIS has come through that person who qualifies for it doesn’t know what they can do with a support worker in the community, so I am doing this post to do what you can do and this is something that we need to discuss and some of the things would be developmental age approached, but we see that people need to be aware that you can do lots of things with a support worker, the first thing is you need to establish your goals, so do you need help in the house so this is where you can get into a good morning and evening routine.  

Depending on your budget there is a lot you can do and then, you can work out the skills that you want to develop it might be housework and cleaning, but then it might be like myself more in-depth so actively looking for things to be off the internet so, I know that 

  • 1.        The public library is always a good starting point, so they often have more than just books but games, and CDs I know that mine has basic streaming services, and then some have group-based interests.

 

  • 2.       Parks and gardens so packing a cut lunch and discovering parks and gardens – Toowoomba has great parks and facilities; Today I went to Peace haven park in Highfields and there are plenty of parks and gardens to discover as well.

 

 

  • 3.       Depending on their budget chasing Pokémon as well as there are many pokes stops in Toowoomba.

 

  • 4.       Going swimming at Mylan bay pool or Highfields’s pool.

 

 

  • 5.       Toowoomba art gallery and the regional art galleries often have great exhibitions as well.

I will also add to this list, but I would also consider that for some clients guiding them to set up their own micro business as well, it might be content creation or if they are good at something helping them set up their own website to sell, their crafts. 


Comments

My most popular posts.

Isabelle Lightwood and Trauma part three - Shadowhunter's

Why I can't learn to love my disablity

What a support worker can do for you and what the can't part one my story with support