A day in my life and how support helps me to be functional.

 

Disclaimer – That these are my own lived experiences and understanding from the research that  I do around the NDIS and health-related topics please be aware that it is informational only and not to be used as a substitute for professional advice or working with a Planner, Disability Advocacy service or talking to your Medical and Allied Health team.  


Hey guys so I am going to try some different content this is a day in my life when I get woken up at about 7.00am to 7.30 in the house and then I get dressed and ready for the day. So this is generally coffee breakfast and then chores that I am responsible for in the house, so folding any laundry from the night before, and light cleaning such as washing up. Then I generally start recording on YouTube around 9.00am and then I start drafting the blog posts I have moments of I am really passionate about the blog and very meh moments, at the moment I am pushing myself past the meh moments and this seems to be a very big thing in my life but I think I can make it work for me and then I have my community access lady come and we plan our day. I have community access twice a week and we see that this really isn’t a lot of time so when my next plan comes around we are going to look for more community access funding time, and start looking at long term the blog and the YouTube and then see what can happen from there. So I am really trying to see what trends are happening and if I can work on it from there as well, and working on presentation skills for both the blog and youtube and looking at the back end of things so looking at email lists and how to drive traffic to the blog without it being spammy and annoying and without putting so much pressure on myself one thing I am going to try and do is start doing interviews again as well. 

As I am trying to build it up to a sustainable business, this means getting serious about it as I want to be able to make some of my own money and I feel like a micro business is the way to go. 

Then when we come home I generally watch some TV or YouTube and at the moment I am working on reducing my time on the internet so I am working on some bookmarks for my nephew's school, it really helps the slow readers program and it’s something to keep me busy, and it’s low cost. 

I also do on days when I don’t have support, I do a lot of cleaning and at the moment brainstorm for the blog, or if it’s a weekend I generally spend it over at one of my sister's houses.  So then I can have family time I see that some people don’t have a lot of family support   I do wonder at times why this is the case but sometimes it is very complex to understand why. 

Then I have support in the house from between 4- till 8 and we generally do chores, have dinner, and then bed or tv. Then there is someone in the house from 8 till 6pm and then from 6 – 8 am and this is when we get ready for the day or on the weekend there is generally someone around all the time.

But we see that every house is different, and we see that people need to be very aware of when a support worker is around and people do at times adjust their behavior as well. But this is my home and so I need to respect that and work with them not against them. 

Comments

My most popular posts.

Isabelle Lightwood and Trauma part three - Shadowhunter's

Why I can't learn to love my disablity

What a support worker can do for you and what the can't part one my story with support