My Story and reasons for blogging, continued my story fleshed out a bit more.

 When I started this blog I had a lot going on in my life I had to move back into the family home, and this caused stress that I didn't even realize until now.  However, I did rebuild my life with the help of my family, friends, and support workers under the NDIS. However, I want to do this post as a warning to others to not get into the situation that I did and to understand to "trust," the NDIS system as when it works it works really well. 

However I see that when the system doesn't work it really doesn't work well for people and we see that this can be a massive issue as well and one of the core reasons I started the blog as I would like to be a disability advocate but we see that this is a space with lots of diversity as people with disabilities that are very diverse as well, so  I am not sure how to get change happening but I can use my talents and write and raise awareness there as well. I want to be able to change people's minds around the concept that disability is a bad thing and that the NDIS is a waste of money.  

At times I see that this is true but we see that at times it's not true and we need to get people back into the centrecenter of the NDIS so we need person a centred and providers to move away from the medical model and this will take a generational change to do as I am physically able-bodied but have mental disabilities that make my life challenging. I would love to see the disabilities that I live with included on the NDIS and that the quality of life that I have been given that is appropriate to my age, ability, and support needs that every person with a disability that lives in Australia should be able to access as well. It is a disability ongoing disabilityissue that while it is considered a disability that ADHD  as primary

 diagnosis is on the NDIS however if the person has another disability they would qualify for the NDIS and the support that it offers as your functioning, not your diagnoses isbeing considered.  

So basically when I moved back home I wasn't a very well or even a nice person I was spending most of my nights on the internet and then sleeping through the day, I was living on coffee and we were in the house and didn't have a great diet and I didn't realize that was due to the fiscal pressure on Mum and Dad, and I was so blessed that they could have me back, for many people when they make the decision to move out of a home that is it, they are an adult so they need to take responsibility for the decisions that they make and I  was trying to but there were some very complex issues around what I was doing that I will talk about later but a big one is a way that I was acting played into the way that I was treated.  

I learned that if you treat an adult like a teen they will revert back to that and then blame people for it, as well, they will not understand that they are the problem until someone points it out to them, but at the core of it all I was lonely and I was having silent seizures so I couldn't live on my own and I did give it an honest try and many people with a disability can live on there own with no issues but I discovered I needed a lot more help than I realized. 

It was hard to realize that I needed this help and I am still wondering day by day what is an excuse and what is a reason to ask for help this is something that will be life long, however on a bad day I was watching a clip of a creator who has made it, J that because Jessica Hellgren-for, as when it works, it works  said  that to not judge yourself by your bad days and I think we need to realize this a lot more than people with chronic illness do judge ourselves by our good days and think that we don't need the help that we are often offered.  

But I am learning to be gracious in accepting help from family and friends and speaking up when I need help to do things and this then lets them know that I do need help. For so long when I lived at home I didn't realize what mum did was considered support and that we qualified for help and what they did when I was very unwell.  As I didn't know the basics of looking after myself and a unit and it is what led me to the conclusion that I would be better off not being her but I have done a lot of work to realize that this isn't true and I mentioned it because living on a limited income really can suck and having to be carried fiscally can sometimes suck as I have recently discovered that my phone and internet bill is high due to not trusting my family and friends. To this day I don't know why but I perceive that I was punished for being honest with my family but this is a whole other issue. 

I can't talk about my current housing situation but it has really helped me and my family, it is suitable to my needs and has support built into it. 

The one thing that I would like is a job that pays and for me it's not about the money it's about the contact with the outside world but having a bit of pocket money would be great as well. So this is something that I would like to discuss further that on the pension we can earn up to the income limits but I would like to see this revised as some people can work at some times and others can't work at all but could with support run a microbusiness, and we see that there is a push in the NDIS framework to encourage people to have paid work. 

We often see that while people want to work they are stopped from doing so because they might get their services cut off and this is where the income limits need to have a gray area and not a black-and-white area as well. As I know that there are countries that don't have support like Australia does and we see that this can become a massive issue as well as there is a complex issue to see around if a health condition becomes a disability and can a disability become a health issue, and we then see this as well, as having a disability doesn't mean that we aren't well, I am just lucky enough to have health conditions as well as disabilities.  This means that I receive what is considered complex support however I am pushed to achieve what I can as well, and this means sticking to a budget and not draining my savings in trying to get the blog and the Youtube up and running but it's the dream to run it full time and to get off the pension.  But we see that it is something to work towards as well, I am also trying to work towards having reasonable health as well and this is hard for me as I have been brought up that if you can work you need to work.  

I want to monetize this blog and after sharing my story I need your help to share the posts to get it out there to be able to get it monetized or to attract patrons as I said in the video what I wish I knew when I started blogging, to not give away content for free and to know your expenses and this is something that I haven't done.  I am writing this when I have the start of a cold coming on so that shows how passionate I am about getting this to even a part-time job., showing  

I really want to have content creation as a job long term and to have it take off as well, but need to balance it out with having good social outlets as well. 

 Working while you’re getting Disability Support Pension - Disability Support Pension - Services Australia

Comments

My most popular posts.

Isabelle Lightwood and Trauma part three - Shadowhunter's

Why I can't learn to love my disablity

What a support worker can do for you and what the can't part one my story with support