Toxic positivity



So these are a couple of thoughts on this and what I have found to be much more helpful instead. I find that being realistic about your situation and understanding what is helpful is much better. It helps to see the situation for what it is and accept it. 

What I am saying by accepting the situation is being able to say that yes it will get rough and it will get better, or finding the little joy moments but also seeking to be real and honest. The people who care about you are for you. 

I am a big fan of accepting professional guidance and support and there is plenty around at the moment. So when I say accepting help and support I am saying that letting people in and positively working with them so, if you have support workers/caregivers letting them know what your needs are understanding that everyone's needs are going to look different. 

Accepting that some things are going to be different and if it's a disability or an illness that came out of the blue accepting that it's going to be different and giving yourself time to accept the life you once had is going to be different and that this is ok. 

Also working out what you can do is a big thing as well so looking at the craft, different jobs, and volunteering options are all good things to look at as well. a big thing that I have found is to not cut yourself off. Finding a way to get out of the house and be around people is a huge thing and being able to seek out people in a similar situation is also important. 



Comments

My most popular posts.

Isabelle Lightwood and Trauma part three - Shadowhunter's

Why I can't learn to love my disablity

What a support worker can do for you and what the can't part one my story with support