The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare and others




My thoughts on the Book continued and we see that it's an anthology of short stories that we see are unable to be separated. Detailing the life of Magnus Bane and we see that he has had a very rich and interesting life because he is immortal and we see that this is the very issue that he is immortal so he has all the time in the world and we see that he is unable to be separated into this because people need to have a beginning middle and end of their story. 

However, we see that this is a challenge and I have often asked myself in the more mundane aspects of life if I could choose to be immortal with the powers that Magnus has would you do it? 

Given that I live with disabilities I would choose to be healed from them but taking them away from me takes away a core part of who I am, and why I do this, I have a very early blog post that I will put up on my coming website, about Magnus losing his magic and will link it down below, I see that it's quite a complex question and it's a question and when asking people without disability we see that they are quite eager to take the chance. 

But with people with disabilities, it is another question as we don't know how the disability is going to be taken by the coming society, what support systems if any will be in place, and will the other immortal beings accept them and work with them rather than shun them. 

As well as how they operate in society as well and how they make an honest living as we see Magnus has a variety of ways of making money and some are more legitimate than others and I see that this is why the show Magnus was asking for payment in objects as he has seen countries fall apart and money isn't the only form of currency anything with value can become currency. 

Salt, gold, sand, and silver are all forms of currency and even knowledge as Magus has access to knowledge that the shadow hunters arn't allowed to access or have, so what we would consider occult knowledge. 

My disabilities are a part of who I am they aren't my whole identity, but they are a part of me, and what I do, they aren't something to be feared, and this is something that this content is so good at showing me. 

We see that Magnus is centuries old and we see that this is the issue he sees the cycle of time and the misfortune of humanity and humanity's inhumanity to man over the centuries, over things that he sees as unimportant like power and resources, that wars have been fought over and we see that this is an issue that wars have been fought over it as well. 






Comments

My most popular posts.

Isabelle Lightwood and Trauma part three - Shadowhunter's

Why I can't learn to love my disablity

What a support worker can do for you and what the can't part one my story with support