Reaction to Jessica Kellgren-Fozard

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/bjKkovbGHJk


This is such a  hot-button topic in the disability community and we see that it's an amazing thing we see that it needs to be discussed a lot more as doctors when they are going through medical school, are told not to self-diagnose, and to go to another doctor to get medication if they need it. 

I find that as she mentions in the video that it's a great tool but not a substitute for proper medical care, and attention to detail. So what attention to detail do I mean, so by having a self-diagnosis we can start to treat the issue, but it can end up doing more harm than good so looking at what can be safely done is a good thing. 

Also understanding your limits as well is amazing, we see that this can be an issue as well for many people, and your limits with finance as well can be an issue, however, we do see that people are living a great life at times.

However, it is a great tool for learning about the possibility that you have something. I will do a longer post on it but it caught my attention today as well and thinking about it as so many people are using the internet now as a tool but the question is at what cost or benefit?    Please comment below. 

Comments

My most popular posts.

Isabelle Lightwood and Trauma part three - Shadowhunter's

Why I can't learn to love my disablity

What a support worker can do for you and what the can't part one my story with support