Chain of gold The last hours book one. a review.


So I have just finished this book and it is a great read however I am a little bit confused about what is happening in it as I have followed this series most of the way through. It has got me through some very dark times in my life. Because I live with several chronic illnesses and haven’t had what most people would consider a normal life.  (this being for a woman a job marriage and rising a family).

I live with eleplisy, high functioning ADHD, and a TBI as well as shojrins syndrome that severely limits my “functional capacity,” this is complex at times because I don’t “look,” disabled and that I need care that others don’t see as care and it can be expensive to get the medical care I need and I am on the pension.   

I have the luxury of being on the NDIS though, it is complex however to navigate the system and on my good days I would love to have a “normal,” life this is where this blog comes in talking about disability and how we see the world.

I see books not as a Young adults or as children or as Adults however these classifications do help but I see this as marketing where they are supposed to go, so having them classified as, Young adults, Children, or adults does help parents and caregivers, decided what books they should give their children or adults to read, as I am not going to give a “romance novel,” to a child that doesn’t understand what they are doing is fantasy, however, I wouldn’t be above, giving a young adult this book or even seeing that these books are considered part of a service and that they have a fandom all of their own and that people have sacrificed to go to comic con to meet the actors that have played Magnus and the crews they call it the Shadow fam, and it is an international fandom and it has a power all of its own.

I see that it has a great core message that love is better than hate and this is true in this book as it focuses on the London institute, Will, and Tessa, however, we see that Tessa is immortal, and a warlock like Magnus, however, the complexity is that she is half Shadowhunter as well.

So it begs the question when looking at the world as it is a very complex world, why does someone who is half shadow hunter half warlock able to run the London institute but we see that someone who is a down worlder isn’t allowed to socialize with the Shadow hunters at all.

I see this as a question that needs to be answered as it is very complex in a way that we don’t know about and see it as a very complex world that has its own rules that people play by and what happens when people break these rules.

 We see that Magnus is relegated to the edge of society because of this he breaks the rules but we see that the rules only benefit the Shadow hunters and we see that as much as they think they have changed they haven’t and in having this we see that this protection isn’t great at times, it is a way that we see the Down worlders need to be very wary of the Shadow hunters so we see where in the TV show that Magnus is reluctant to go to the council meetings that Alec organized because he has seen them fail in the past and was there at the meetings when they were signing the accords.

We see that he can save James Herondale by working with Jem ( a silent brother) see what we see is his grandfather was will Herondale and his mother was Tessa Gray a warlock, she was found at 16 and taken in at the institute.

However, this is something that I am starting to see as a trope all the girls are around 16 when they discover the Shadow world. We see that it was a great idea at the time that they were in this world, and they discover how brutal it can be.

I also didn’t like the jumps back to day’s past and rewriting of some of the tropes in the world this feels confusing, I see that this does need work and I understand that she is working on her writing, but I see that people need to be able to follow the book for me I wasn’t able to follow it at times.

I have talked to others who are a fan of the content and find it hard to read as well, but very enjoyable.

The one thing that I see breaks the established rules of this world is that we see that she has that the Down worlds are very separate from the shadow hunters in one series but closer in the other books so we do wonder what is happening there and how to do this, well as we see that they can work in a way that we see is great as we see that it was a warlock that was able to banish the demon threat of this world and we see that it was tied to James Herondale so by rights the Herondales have both warlock blood and Shadow hunter blood so how does this work in that Jace was experimented on in a way that wasn’t pleasant for him.

We also see that Mangus is a savor of the warlocks because of his enormity of power by the fact that he is Asmodeus’s son but we see that most of the warlocks don’t know their own family and we see that they aren’t advised to go looking at times as well.

So in seeing what happens we know that they can be a person with magical powers and the fact that they are immortal well what happens during the day and how do they finance this, we see that Mangus charges for his services, and that the shadow hunters are taken in by the institute and given an allowance. 

However, this “taken in,” doesn’t bode well as did they have a choice in the matter like many children of poor parents being placed in either children’s homes for orphans or in disability institutions. I see that this is quite easy what could have happened to me at times if I wasn’t in a country with support for people with disabilities this is the issue most of the Shadow hunters don’t have great support around them and it is the children that solve the issue. I feel that this isn’t realistic, but I see that they need to see themselves in the stories that they are “escaping,” into.

This being reality is complex in a way as it shows that people need to be aware of what is happening to them, in a way as well whether it is a shadow world or the real world as it is the youth that can see what is happening on the ground and I see that this is the issue that the older generations don’t want to see what is happening is bad they want to see that things are all under control and that the systems they set up are working well when they aren’t working well at all.

I see that change is the only constant in our lives, and it is a challenge for people to be aware of this. That we see that people need to be aware of the dangers that await them.

Overall is a good book and something that I would read again and I love some of the quotes from it as well that do relate to how to see the world from a different point of view, this is something that I have had to decide to do to be able to see the world differently as well, as it is a complex world and I have trouble navigating the world and we see that particularly anna lightwood is the person who doesn’t go with the standard path for her life, in being a shadow hunter and living at the institute we see that she has her own flat and that the Merry band of thieves also rent rooms above an inn, for experiments, something that is quite complex in how did they get the money for this as we see that they need to finance their owns lifestyle something that I am coming to terms with that we all need to live on a realistic budget, for me I have help in this area, but do fear what would happen if I didn’t have family support.

As well as the support of formal support workers that do help me with finances as well and keep me to a reasonable budget to keep on track and keep my head above water, sometimes I feel like I am drowning in my illness and this can be complex at times due to what I have wrong with me and I would like to be able to see what is happening in my own body at times.

I also feel like a stranger at times as well. I see that sometimes my not thinking things through can lead to very complex circumstances, in what we are doing and what we are doing with my life. I want the very thing that I can’t have, and this is a job. So I am trying to make this blog my job, but trying to keep my head above water is quite complex at times, so I am in the process of getting a trust set up, in what we are doing in my life as I live in what they call a supported independent living facility, this is where I am prompted to eat and drink and to live generally to get out of the house to have relationships. So in thinking about this I see that this is where the shadow hunters come into things as well.  The support they have as a community is great and you don’t need to think about it but see it as a complex thing that people need to be aware of as they have a community that is willing to help them.

This is the core of the NDIS it is a good thing in what they want to do it as well is supposed to help you to see what is happening and to work with people in the community as well, so I have a support worker that helps me in the house but as well as that we see that they also can help me in the community.

But there is a difference between a good and a bad support worker, and we are seeing that more and more I talk about this more in-depth on my Quora page as well.

We are seeing that this is a good thing, that it is being looked at seriously on this page and on my Patreon as well. 

Also, I have started a Patreon page so you can see my drafts and things in progress as I would love to make this from a hobby to a full-time job, please if you can consider it let me know so have very affordable rates as well. 

I see that we can do well on this as well as we need to apply the voices of the disabled community some of that are still considered Australians forgotten children, due to the way that society sees the disabled community.   Now we are starting to see the long-term issue that people have in the disability community we see that people can help each other and understand what is happening to them.

They are often called this due to the fact they were never allowed to grow up and be a function zoning adult at times. We see what needs to happen as well, as it shows what is happening can be beyond control, as well so we understand what is happening to people as well.

Sometimes I don’t understand what is happening to me at times and have things that I can’t control happen as well.  But I am lucky that I have a supportive family, and supportive support workers as well, as I know that some vulnerable adults do get the help, we need but some must fight for it at times as well.  

Comments

My most popular posts.

Isabelle Lightwood and Trauma part three - Shadowhunter's

Why I can't learn to love my disablity

What a support worker can do for you and what the can't part one my story with support