Talking to people with an intellectual disability about death.






So this is a very quick post about how to talk to someone with special needs about death and I have linked some other content down below about it as well.  So looking at this can really help as well. 

As it is something that isn't really discussed in disability circles and it needs to be as it can harm the person more in the long run.  So being honest with the person is always a good thing, to be honest with people is great. 

Also letting them go to the funeral and preparing them for it is another big thing as well.  In having them understand what is happening we see that they are much more prepared for it and understand that it would happen to them as well. 

Also, let the person ask questions about death and let them be curious, I have linked some children's books as well because many people won't have the words but a book can help. 






Comments

My most popular posts.

Isabelle Lightwood and Trauma part three - Shadowhunter's

Why I can't learn to love my disablity

What a support worker can do for you and what the can't part one my story with support